Nihonbare is a Japanese word with English translations which is termed as beautiful weather, clear and cloudless sky, or moderate weather. This weather is suitable for outdoor activities.
Climate condition and weather in Japan vary as you travel north or south. Most part of Japan lies on the temperate zone and has a humid subtropical climate, while its northern island, Hokkaido, has a calm humid continental climate, and the southern islands of Okinawa have a warm tropical rainforest climate.
- Ryukyu Islands are always hot summers and warm winters located in the south, also have a milder conditions present in the north; they are generally prone to typhoons.
- Weather is gentle and kind most of the year around the selto inland sea.
- Around the sea vicinity of Japan, they experience heavy snowfall during winters, and less than average rainy day in the summers.
- Summers are cold and soft while there is long and chilly in winters which occur in the Hokkaido region.
- Region of the central highland experience hot and humid in summer period, and during winters there are likely faced by moderate cold.
- Winters are mild for region by the Pacific Ocean, occurrence of sunny and humid for a very long time of the year.
Season in Japan
Japan has four seasons: in the month ranging from March to May is spring; summer is from June to August; September to November is called autumn; and December to February is winter.
- Spring and autumn: these are the most comfortable two season in Japan, spring is a favorites for a lot of tourist because it the time when the pink cherry flowers bloom and transform many garden into a breathtaking sight all over the country. Hanami fall in spring, the time to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo is at the end of March and beginning of April. Autumn is when the heat breaks, humidity become low or goes down, and the air feels dry and cool. November in Tokyo is where you see trees leaves turning red and yellow, decorating the mountains and streets with beautiful colors. It is when most of their cultural event holds.
- Summer season: in Japan summer days are very hot and humid, with temperatures going as high as 30s Celsius. The temperature grows due to the high humidity. From June to August, the country observes big festivals and events. Summer events such as hanabi (fireworks) in Tokyo, natsu matsuri (summer festival) in Osaka, Gion festival celebrated in Kyoto. When going out it is advisable to be with a hat, an umbrella, liquid or a folding fan to reduce the heat.
Winter season: Japan is expected to be generally dry from December to January they are white snow covering the mountain, old buildings and grounds. You can find snow in places such as Tohoku, Hokkaido and Hokuriku. During the start of season the temperature drops and get cold easily. But by the end of December it get very cold with temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius or around 15-20 degrees Celsius mostly found in the Kyushu region and smaller islands.